There are many reasons to buy local food, including reducing energy use, reducing sprawl and increasing connection to the environment as well as fresh food just plain tastes better.
Concord residents have many ways to participate and support the local food movement, including:
- CSAs [Community Supported Agriculture]: CSAs are a great way to support local farms and receive great fresh produce. Check out local CSAs in Concord and surrounding towns. Learn more.
- Farm Stands: There are many local farm stands in Concord and in nearby towns. See a list.
- Farmer's Markets: There are several farmers market around Concord. See a list.
- Food + Restaurants: While many restaurants use local food, some have made a much greater commitment to supporting local farms and sustainable agriculture. Learn more.
- Community Gardens: Concord has 2 community gardens and while the waiting list might be long it's never too late to sign up. Learn more.
- Pick Your Own: Whether you are looking for a family outing or getting back to your hunter gatherer roots, check out these farms.
- Talkin' Turkey: As the holidays are quickly approaching, keep in mind your locally grown food. Pick up your fresh, locally raised turkey or other side dish items and support local farmers. For a list of turkey farms around the Concord area click here.